All about you and knitting:
1. What's your knitting skill level? (beginner/adv. beginner/intermediate, etc): Intermediate
2. How long have you been knitting? 3yrs
3. What are your favorite fiber colors? Brown & Blue
4. Are there any fiber colors that make you want to hurl? If so which? Yellow
5. What are your favorite fibers? alpaca, wool, silk
6. Do you have any unwelcome fibers (stuff you just don't need more of or like?) Novelty, Metallic
7. What is your Dream Yarn, the yarn you are desperate to get your hands on? Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky it appears that all of her sweater patterns call for it and my LYS doesn't carry it.
8. Novelty yarns: super cool or blight on the earth? How about the stuff made with them? Blight on the earth
9. Talk about your needles! Do you prefer straight or circular needles (are there any sizes you really need)? How about DPNs? Bamboo? Birch? Ebony? Do tell! Prefer Circs, Pretty well set up.
10. What is the next thing you want to learn (techniques etc)? color work other that norwegian
11. What item(s) do you knit the most? Sweaters & Socks
12. What are your favorite items to knit? Sweaters & Socks
13. What are you knitting right now? Reverse Cable Scarf, Triangle Shawl, Socks, 3/4 sleeve V Neck, Pullover, Halter
Wants and Nots:
14. Do you have any food, fiber, smoke, pet allergies your SP should be aware of? none
15. Do you smoke, have pets, or process peanuts where you store your yarn? smoke
16. Do you have an Amazon.com or knitpicks.com wishlist you'd like to share with your SP (please add URL if applicable)? nope sorry
17. Anything you've been longing for or would really love to get (knitting or not)? circular needle case
18. What about stuff you don't need at all? circular needles
19. What about knitting accessories? beaded stitch markers
20. Do you have hobbies other than knitting (tv, sports, collectibles, favorite things)? stamping
21. Are there any books you would like (knitting or not)? Vougue Knitting Stitchery Knit & Purl
22. Any magazines you would like (knitting or not)? 2005 and earlier interweave knits
23. No matter where you live there's bound to be something you'd like that you can't get your hands on. What is it? winning lottery ticket so I can have an early retirement and knit
24. Who/What is your favorite...
a. Chocolate: Mousse
b. Muppet: Kermit
c. Cartoon Character: Fred Flinstone
d. Flower: Orchid
e. Ice Cream flavor: Vanilla Bean
f. Fragrance: Pear
g. Shoes to wear: Flip flops
h. Animal: Elk
i. Beverage: Mtn Dew
j. Author: Nicholas Sparks
k. Musician: none really I'm a radio junkie.
l. Holiday: Fourth of July
m. Time of Day: anytime I have enrgy and the kids are asleep
n. Country: USA then Germany
o. Number: 8 but will be 9 next year after son's birthday
p. Card game: Spider Solitare on Computer
q. Candy: Butterfinger
25. How did you learn to knit? over the telephone with my mother
26. What is your oldest UFO and how old is it? Surely there's a story behind it! I don't really have any old UFO's. Not that I don't have projects that I don't finish. But, I got through every once in a while and finish up everything I want then frog the rest. Its the one year rule...
27. What is the most exciting thing that happened to you this month, how about this year? This past month has been pretty boring. In the past year my husband got a new job so he doesn't have to work night shifts.
28. What is your favorite thing to do to waste time? Play on the internet
29. The things that make me the happiest are: Clean house, FO's, new projects
30. Are you a Java Junkie? How about a Tea-totaler? Java Junkie USA! Thats me
31. Your birthday, in case it falls during the swap and your SP wants to send you a card: Jan 2nd
32. Do you have a personal mantra? "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that remains is a compromise." - Robert Fritz this week at least. I recieve morning mantras so it changes with my moods.
33. How do you feel about holidays? Will you be celebrating any during the SP round? Looks like Thanksgiving. I think Holidays are a little commercialized now.
34. I would like my package to be: a. Winter Themed b. Spring Themed
35. What kind of music (and/or which artists) do you listen to when you are happy? Old school rock, AC/DC mainly
36. Rate yourself on a girly/fruh fruh factor from 1 - 10: 2
37. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Husband (Link), Step Teenage Son (Justin), 8 year old son (Austin), 13yr old mut(Scruffy), 2 yr old ShizTu (Gizmo), 1 yr old hamster (Speedy), and a 10 yr old cat that I don't even know his name.
38. What are a few of your life dreams? A life without stress and rush! To be able to travel to Europe as a civilian this time, Go on Alaska cruise.
39. What languages do you speak (besides English, Pig Latin counts)? knitting lol
40. Hey baby, what's your sign? How about the Chinese Zodiac? Do you read your horoscope or do you think it's all bunk? Capricorn. Don't pay attention to it.
41. If you could live anywhere, where would that be? Montana. It's where I grew up.
42. If you could do anything for a living what would it be? Domestic engineer. Its hard balancing full time job and being a full time mom. But I would need to get paid as a full time Domestic engineer.
43. If you could have any "super power" which would it be? What would you use it for? I would have a clone super power! Yep, to be able to have another Rae to take care of all the yuky stuff. Like arguing with the teenager to turn in his homework, go to Costco on a Saturday, etc
44. You're given $10,000 for traveling. Where do you go and why? Alaska cruise, I think it is beautiful
45. How frequently would you like to hear from your SP, and what kind of contact would you prefer? Email couple of times a week.
4 days ago