Monday, February 26, 2007

Secret Pal 10

The Questionnaire
Here are is the questionnaire for SP10. Please be sure to post it in a spot on your blog where your pal can easily find it. Since your pal will use this to help create your packages you'll want to have it posted to your blog no later than the last day of February.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love anything that is not acrylic or a novelty yarn. I am fond of Debbie Bliss yarns and Noro. Ultimately though.... an alpaca/wool blend is my favorite.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

My knit picks needles in their case. All of my individual needles in their packages in a tub. Been meaning to use one of those 40% Michaels coupons to get a decrotive box so I have something else sitting out to be dusted!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting now for about three years. I'm on the upper end of intermediate knitting (depending on the project) I don't have any trouble reading patterns or the majority of my knitting. I'm still really gun shy on finishing though. Read too many horror stories about how everything was wonderful then the finish work was sloppy. So a little paranoid in that department.


4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I don't have an Amazon list or any other online wish list. I'm pretty set up in that department.

5. What's your favorite scent?
Mango
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Chocolate and caramel. Thats my poison
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I stamp!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen to all sorts of music. Mainly classic rock and soft rock. No rap, r&b, hip hop etc. Usually the radio.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love nuetral colors and classic colors. I'm not a huge fan of yellows and oranges. Nothing flashy.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
husband, teenage step son, 9 yr old boy, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 5 fish, hamster, and a guinnie pig. have myself my own little zoo!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves-yes. hats- yes, mittens-yes. Ponchos-never owned one.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Top down sweaters.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Two sweaters, shawl, 2 pairs of socks, and a scarf. With focus on the sweaters.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course said the horse!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
circular. bamboo ot aluminum depending on the yarn.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
i have a yarn winder but no swift. (got a husband that is filling in on the job right now)
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I'm working on finishing it right now but Elle from the Cotton DK freedom Twilley of Stamford 447 book. 8 months. I just finished up 2 old UFO's. I'm on a mission.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Fourth of July. We always spend it in Montana with my family. No gifts to buy just a great time!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Nope.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Since i got my Knit Picks needles I'm set on needles. What more could a girl want! I'm currently on a hunt for low v neck vest pattern that is worn over a white blouse. Very in very stylish. But, haven't found one yet. I purchase Interweave Knits faithfully and Voguee depending on the issue. But no subscriptions.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Steeking, knitting reverse (lizard ridge technique)
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I've knitting socks. Have a ton of sock yarn. I'm a size 7. 9 1/4 ins heal to toe, 8ins around the widest part of my foot.

23. When is your birthday?
January 2

No comments: